Friday, January 20, 2012

Random Wildlife Photography...

In between 'meaty' posts, I thought I'd share some of my pictures of various wildlife from the past several years. I don't claim to be anything but an amateur, and I have mediocre equipment, but I think I can frame out a shot fairly well and know how to use lighting. Enjoy!

Common Loon - Brown Tract Pond Campground, Adirondacks
August 2011


Stellar Jay - Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
March 2011

Elk - Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park (Right next to the Stanley Hotel!), Colorado
March 2011

Assorted tropical fish species - St. Lucia, Caribbean Islands
January 2011

Tropical fish species - St. Thomas, Caribbean Islands
January 2011

Frigate - St. Kitts, Caribbean Islands
January 2011

Millipede - Camp Warren Cutler Boy Scout Camp, Naples, NY
May 2011

White-tailed deer fawn - Camp Warren Cutler Boy Scout Camp, Naples, NY
May 2011

Black-capped Chickadee - Mendon Ponds Park, Mendon, NY
December 2011

Gray squirrel - Mendon Ponds Park, Mendon, NY
December 2011

Assorted salamanders (Red eft, spotted, dusky, red-backed) - East Hill Campus, Naples, NY
October 2011

Red-back salamander(?) - East Hill Campus, Naples, NY
October 2011

Jeffersons salamander(?) - East Hill Campus, Naples, NY
April 2011

 Warbler species - Camp Warren Cutler Boy Scout Camp, Naples, NY
May 2011

Wasp species - Lyons, NY
October 2010

White sucker - Lyons, NY
October 2010

Striped bass - Lyons, NY
October 2010

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you had a blog. Very nice photos - a huge variety of animals. I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, KB! I started blogging last March and went back and forth with it for about 6 months, but now I'm hooked! I think I may have to you thank for it too! Once I found your blog, and saw all that you were sharing and the response you were getting...I tried it again :) It's a great way to connect. I'm specifically hoping to connect more about the bear stuff you and I chatted about. I should write another entry about it!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I see possum fur on your other post.here in New Zealand it is used for hats, boots, scarf mufflers,cushions and more.If you go to my post about Glenorchy you will see some of the lovely hats there for sale. Jean from NZ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, thank you! I will check it out. The virginia opossum is considered a nasty animal here in the states, but I'm sure the reputation is lost overseas!

      Delete
    2. Actually, I can't find it. Can you send me a link please?

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos of brilliant things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you Bob! Your photos are beautiful. This spring I'm upgrading my equipment from my smartphone and point-and-shoot to something a bit more substantial, so hopefully I'll snap some photos of your quality!

      Delete
  4. Hello friends,

    Really it is a nice blog, I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and wishing to leave a comment! Unfortunately, due to a high number of spam comments being left under the "Anonymous" heading, I had to disable that feature. You may still leave a comment with a Gmail account, or under the OpenID option! I welcome comments, suggestions, stories, and tall tales!

~Alyssa