Sunday, February 5, 2012

'Gusto' Scent Lure...WORKS!

I purchased through the NSF grant I'm working under a hideous variety of scent lures. I deployed one earlier this week to test it out before I began my study.


This stuff is disgusting. Pungent, odiferous, putrid...I could go on. This is a LONG DISTANCE CALL. Meant to be deployed high in the air, not on the ground. The height allows it to be carried on the air and bring animals in from near and far.

This stick is what I dipped the 'Gusto' into, and left in front of the camera.

As you can see, a variety of critters came in for 'Gusto'.

Virginia opossum

White-tailed deer

American Crow

American Crow (flying away to the left)

Raccoons (finally, more than one!)

Virginia opossum

Gray squirrel

And some AWESOME video!

3 species of animals in one 30 second video!
Gray squirrel, Red-bellied Woodpecker, and Blue Jays!

Raccoons on a date



Hope you enjoyed :)

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I'll have to give gusto a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. You must! It's so efficient in bringing in the gang, as you can see :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and wishing to leave a comment! Unfortunately, due to a high number of spam comments being left under the "Anonymous" heading, I had to disable that feature. You may still leave a comment with a Gmail account, or under the OpenID option! I welcome comments, suggestions, stories, and tall tales!

~Alyssa